Thursday, June 24, 2010

Karrin's dress and so on...

Altering Karrin's bridesmaid dress was a major challenge.  I made it work and the dress fits her, Yeah! It took me 2 days of figuring and fitting and sewing and ripping out. Whew.  I has rouching around the bust area and I tried to copy this as best as I could with what little fabric I had to work with. All the while we are trying to get the dress done her dog is begging us to go outside and play with him. He is so cute. In between trying to get this dress done, we went downtown in Paso Robles and took pictures. We had lunch at "The Touch of Paso" restaurant where we used to go every weekend with Karrin's grandparents (who have both passed). Both of us sat there and just looked around. We had not been in the restaruant since her grandfather had passed. It was a bitter sweet experience. Neither of us was prepared for all the emotion that was running through our heads. We ate our lunch in silence and did not begin to talk again until I paid the bill. The owner of the place actually remembered me. He came out of the kitchen to greet me. That was so pleasent to be remembered after all these years.
While walking around town taking pictures I am sure I looked like a tourist. But, I was only taking pictures because the whole downtown area had changed so much since I moved away.  I like the way to town is changing. It has become quaint and not just another small town. It is not copying the look of San Luis Obispo either. They are keeping the old library and turned it into a museum. It is beautiful inside. They also rebuilt the clock tower building that was all but destroyed during the last earthquake. The water fountain in the park is waterless due to the drought. The local residents are on a rotation schedule for watering their lawns.
We decided to go to the coast again for more pictures. Our destination was Cambria but not the quick route. We drove highway 46 west to Santa Rosa Road. This is a back road through the mountains to the coast in Cambria. It is actually a very lovely drive. Parts of the street is lined with oak trees dripping in spanish moss. There were some newer cute homes along this route.




We enjoyed the long drive, stopping at a nice scenic stop and took pictures of the hills. Hehe mountians. Then the rest of the road was switchback turns until it got down the mountain. Along this route is Linn's Fruit Bin. We have been going here for about 20 years.




I took some pictures of the berry farm. Then on to Cambria to my favorite store, Hearts Ease. This is an herbal shop. They have the cutest garden in the back of the store. I took pictures of the garden to try to use some of the ideas in my own yard. We then drove over to Moonstone beach and took some pictures there also. They have some of the oddest looking trees there, wind blown but full of character.



No comments:

Post a Comment