Saturday, June 26, 2010

Elections

I had a free evening and spent it in the lounge of the hotel downloading pictures and answering emails. While sitting in the lobby I saw Sarah Palin walk in with her entourage. I was so startled to see her here. I think it would have been great if she could have spoken at our convention. No matter what someones political views are.  There was also a partial lunar eclipse last night also. It was at 3 in the morning and I did not wake up to photograph it. Sorry.. :)
I found out all the cookies that we have been eating for days, all Norwegian cookies, were made by the local lodges in the area. They were presented so beautifully and professionally. I thought they were from a bakery. Darn I did not get a picture of any of them. They had T-shirts for sale for Camp Norge, colored purple. The arts and crafts were fabulous. The quality of workmanship on these items was just outstanding. I should hope that showing the pictures to our lodge it will encourage members to send their work. The registration people kept us so supplied with snacks and beer and wine and Monster drinks (drink company out of San Francisco), donated case after case of drinks for the convention.
By sitting in the lounge I have met so many wonderful fellow Norwegians. Also met some from Colorado that I did not know.
The elections of officers went very smoothly and we now have new officers that will be installed at our dinner in a few hours. I have found that many of the people I have met are also in Eastern Star or Masons and had been in Rainbow Girls. Small world to me and seems to be getting smaller and smaller the more people I meet. I was going to try to run of the office of zone 8 director. But I found that I did not have the cash for the insurance that you must have in order to do this. Many people were pushing for me to run for this office. I did make the attempt but when I found out how much I had to spend and when I had to withdraw my bid. I will try again in 2 years at the next convention.


I have talked about my involvement with organizations with members, and also my business, gave out business cards also. We did include discussions about the band that I sing in also and I may have a new gig for them. With a lodge in Denver.
The weather here has been so nice. It has not been so hot I could not stand it. It has not rained and I could enjoy going for short walks.

This has been fun but I am ready to move on to the next adventure on my way homeward. I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment