Monday, June 21, 2010

Changes


Let's see, some of the changes in Paso... They tore down the old Masonic Lodge and turned it into a medical facility. A&W drive in on Spring Street is not only gone, but the building is really completely gone. The auto repair shop next to the old Fox theater on Spring street is gone and replace with a nice new beautiful business building (empty). The clock tower that was leveled during the last huge earthquake is rebuilt. Almost all the stores and restaurants downtown I have never seen before. Then driving through old neighborhoods, they almost looked foreign to me. The trees that were once so small now are huge. There are bike lines that are red and white while the street is still black topped. There are currently so many wineries in the Paso Robles area. I got lost on one of the back roads coming into town because there were wineries on both sides of the road comming into town. They were not there when I left. It almost feels like a completely different town.




My daughter and I have been making decorations for her birthday party. We have been doing paper mache and painting for a couple of days. I am also altering a bridesmaid dress for her. We are having fun, driving around and seeing friends.

I have managed to meet up with several of my high school friends and had a great time with them all.
My daughter and I drove over to Morro Bay today and had our traditional fish and chips. We also walked on the embarcadero and did tons of window shopping and bought sea shells for the little ones back in Fort Collins and of course could not forget the salt water taffy. I took many pictures of the Morro Bay rock and the harbor and of sea gulls. But most of all I enjoyed just sitting at the beach and listening to the
pounding of the waves and the wind in my face and the smell of the ocean. I miss that very much. Again I will post some pictures as soon as I can.





No comments:

Post a Comment